Shakhtar Social is a foundation established by FC Shakhtar with a purpose to implement club’s social responsibility policy. The foundation’s major activities are health, education, gender equality, social inclusion, charity. Projects of Shakhtar Social implemented in accordance with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) of 17 strategic goals, three of them are the main priority:
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Shakhtar Social Foundation develops activities in the following areas:
- Health: Shakhtar Social carries out the “Come on, Let’s play!” social project, aiming at the development of children’s grassroots football and at promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Education: Shakhtar Social delivers social training programs to volunteer coaches for children’s grassroots football.
- Gender Equality: Shakhtar Social collaborates with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to support gender equality and major family values.
- Social Inclusion: Shakhtar Social creates proper conditions for football development among people with special needs.
- Charity: Shakhtar Social implements the charitable initiatives to aid the Kharkiv Regional Children’s Hospital No. 1.