EFDN’s new programme ‘Scoring for Health’ aims to tackle the problem of childhood obesity which is still a critical issue throughout Europe today. With the underlying target of promoting a healthy diet and lifestyle amongst children, their families, and wider communities across Europe, the programme supports the 3rd UN Sustainable Development Goal.
Scoring for Health encourages children from ages 7 to 14 years old and their parents to adopt a healthy lifestyle and make them aware of healthy nutrition. During this event, the pupils will have the opportunity to enjoy a day of sports and games as well as several educational workshops. Throughout the entire cycle of the programme, participants will be given specialist interactive classes, learning sessions, and workshops on a weekly basis. Key physical indicators and health determinants (height and weight, speed, balance, etc.) will also be measured, collected and calculated for each participant, giving an instant analysis of each child’s fitness and providing a scientific basis for allowing comparisons and defining the participants’ progress.
What are the benefits for the school?
- It will motivate kids through boring topics
- You will receive all the resources from EFDN
- A healthy kid will get better results on the long term
- It is a proven concept
What are the goals of the programme?
- To encourage awareness of healthy lifestyles among the children and their parents
- To allow participants to experience that sport and exercise are healthy and enjoyable
- To increase physical activity among children (25% more meets HEPA Guidelines standards)
- To promote healthy dietary behaviours based on the Guidelines for healthy nutrition
- To improve children’s physical fitness
What can you do on this website?
- Download Resources: Nobody knows everything. That is why we have created a page with all the resources you might need. Something is missing? Contact us!
- Find Information and Inspiration: To find out more about the campaign and how you can play your part as a school, visit the Get Involved page. You can also take the Quizzes to test your knowledge or explore various options for a healthy and balanced nutrition plan through the Disk of Five. Maybe you want to create your own quiz for the school you work at or it inspires you to learn more about the topic and incorporate that into the daily life in and outside of school with cooking projects, lunch walks, etc.
- Contact participating clubs: If you have a question about the specific programme, you can always just contact the participating clubs.